2016 set a new record for the best ever sales activity in our region! At the end of the year we saw a huge increase in the number of houses that were selling compared to the number of new listings that were coming on the market. Basically a mini surge. Most likely fueled by the increase in interest rates. Buyers wanted to get into a home before interest rates were raised. The good news for buyers is that interest rates are still historically low. Which means they can get into a home at good rate and stop renting. On the flip side, the good news for sellers is that there is a backlog of well qualified buyers just waiting to get into a home. Sellers are still getting multiple offers on their property if they are priced correctly. Ending 2016 and rolling into January 2017 here are some things that stood out to me:
- 1 month of inventory
- Interest rates at 4.05%
- 68% more homes were sold than were listed in December
- Backlog of buyers is creating a severe shortage of homes for sale in the more affordable price ranges
We will continue to see more listings come onto the market as we get closer to February. This will be just in time for the spring housing market rush. Check out the infographic below for more information. If you want this information for any other county just let me know!!!
With the arrival of the holiday season our schedules can become overloaded. There just never seems to be enough hours in the day. With that in mind, I wanted to create a blog about how we can make our home our sanctuary. So that when we do finally arrive home from work, a party, a meeting, we can relax and really just let the day go. As I was writing this blog and researching ideas, I kept coming back to a blog I had read on freshome.com. After some time, and a few drafts, I realized that rather than creating my own list, this blog was perfect to share and had many more ideas than I had thought of. So please check out the full article written by Jessica featured on freshome.com. by clicking here.
Here are just some of a few of the ideas presented in the article:
- Flowers are incredibly soothing both visually and aromatically.
- White candles add an air of calm and relaxation. Do stay away from the fragrant ones as they can often be overwhelmingly strong.
- Lighting is so very important. Natural sunlight does wonders to one’s spirit.
- Remove clutter. Clutter is distracting and immediately instills a sense of chaos and disorderliness.
- Surround yourself with books and throw pillows and blankets.
- Hardwood floors and soft area rugs can tie in furniture to help create a focal point and unity. Layering soft textures can create this effect as can fireplaces.
Take some time to sit back, relax & enjoy the holiday season.
Snohomish County is experiencing a housing market like we have never seen. Last month, was the best July ever in the Puget Sound real estate market. Not only was July great, but we have also seen a bump in inventory which has made the past 3 months of sales activity the best in history for our region! So to all my friends and family this is why I have been so busy, just trying to keep up with the market. I am excited to see what August has in store!
Check out the infographic below and see what I am talking about. Let me know if you have any questions!
- 1.1 Months of Supply
- 74% of homes are selling within the first 30 days being active
- Interest rates are at 3.36%